DS168T Transmitter - DS Series Digital Snake Input Module
The DS168T from Whirlwind is the transmitter section of the company's CONNECT Series digital snakes, and offers exceptional performance, ease of use, and extreme flexibility. The typical Whirlwind DS series digital snake system consists of 2 components - a transmitter module DS168T, and its matching receiver module DS168R (purchased separately).
The DS168T utilizes 24-bit/48kHz A/D and D/A converters and provides 16 analog inputs and 8 returns. The digital signals are transmitted via CobraNet and a single Cat5 cable. Two channels of AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital input is available on the front panel.
- The CONNECT Series digital transmitter and receiver (sold separately) provide a complete 16 x 8 digital snake solution
- 16 analog inputs on stage to analog line level outputs at FOH and 8 analog returns from FOH
- Transmit and receive units communicate via a single CAT-5 cable
- Multiple units can be ganged together to increase channel counts up to 64 inputs on a 100 BASE-T network
- Additional receivers can be added to the system for providing splits to multiple locations
- Operates on the popular CobraNet digital transport protocol and can interface directly with Yamaha digital consoles or any other CobraNet compatible I/O device
- D Sub connectors are provided on the rear which duplicate the analog connections and also provide a parallel split out on the transmitter when used in conjunction with the XLR inputs on the front panel
- 2 channels of AES/EBU and S/PDIF input available on the front panel
- Gain and 48V phantom power are manually controlled at the stagebox - no computer required
- Brand: Whirlwind
Have a Question?
Call or email us and we can help you!