GearSource.com® is an open marketplace and therefore, return policies may differ by Seller. While some Sellers may not offer a return policy, GearSource does require all Sellers to provide a minimum 48 hour warranty/return to allow Buyers to inspect their items on delivery, as part of the Terms & Conditions of listing on GearSource.com®.
All purchases made through GearSource.com® are backed by GearSource Buyer Guarantee. Purchases handled outside of the GearSource.com® Marketplace are not protected.
How do issues get resolved quickly?
- Communication… prompt, respectful and clear communication will generally lead to a quick and amicable resolution between the Buyer and the Seller.
- If you’re unable to come to an agreement, contact the GearSource Conflict Resolution team immediately, to assist in mediating.
- Make the effort to come to a reasonable solution and be responsive to our resolution efforts… as long as you work with our team, your account will remain in good standing.
As a Buyer
As a Buyer, it is your responsibility to inspect your delivery as soon as you receive the shipment… if there is any visible damage to the packaging, document this by taking pictures of the damage and indicate the visible damage on the delivery paperwork before signing it.
If your order arrives with damaged packaging:
- Take pictures or video of the packaging from all angles
- Hold on to all packaging materials and the box/case it arrived in
- Document the damage on the driver’s Delivery paperwork, before you sign for it, and retain a copy of the paperwork.
- If damage was caused by the freight carrier, you must make a claim directly with the carrier and this may take a bit longer to resolve. Your GearSource Customer Service team will assist you with this process, if needed.
Once you have accepted delivery, it is your responsibility to inspect each item within the 48 inspection period. If you find there’s an operational issue with an item, document the issue with clear photos and/or video and a written explanation of the issue. You will be asked to provide this when submitting a Claim Request.
The 3-step return process:
- Communicate with GearSource and the seller to see if the problem can be resolved with remote troubleshooting between Seller’s tech team and Buyer’s tech team.
- If troubleshooting doesn’t resolve the issue, Seller may provide part replacement, assuming Buyer is able to facilitate the repair or has access to a local technician.
- In the event that a return/replacement becomes necessary, shipping costs will be determined by the GearSource Customer Service team — generally costs are shared between the Buyer and Seller.
Most issues are resolved quickly, with positive and detailed communication.
How to submit a Claim Request:
- If the Claim is related to malfunction or damage to the item itself, take pictures and/or video to explain the issues.
- Provide a detailed written explanation of the reason for the return or refund request.
- Do not make any modifications to the item unless you intend to keep it.
- A repair estimate may be necessary so please be prepared to procure this.
- Submit this information using the Claim link on your Order Dashboard
- Once an agreement is reached, buyer may be required to ship the item back to the seller for repairs or before refunds are completed. In most cases, the seller will ship a repaired or replacement item back to the buyer.
- If for any reason, you are unable to reach an agreement with the Seller, GearSource Conflict Resolution team will step in to mediate, in order to reach resolution in accordance with Company policies and expectations. The solution determined by GearSource will be final.
If the sale is completed through the GearSource Payments system, GearSource may approve a refund directly to the Buyer once it has been established that no other agreeable resolution can be reached with the Seller. If the sale was handled outside the GearSource System, the GearSource Buyer Guarantee is not available.
Anything outside of the 48-hour warranty window, or a situation that does not involve damage, GearSource would honor the Seller’s policies in relation to handling refunds or returns.
As far as manufacturer warranties, that would be dependent on the Sellers and what they are offering with their specific listing.
As a Seller
All sales completed through the GearSource platform qualify for the GearSource Buyer Guarantee. The Buyer Guarantee includes a mandatory 48-hour warranty period upon receipt of the item to allow the Buyer to inspect the items.
Further requirements are:
- A record of both payment and shipment must be available within the GearSource platform.
- The Buyer is required to report the issues to the Seller and GearSource within 48 hours of the shipment being delivered (or within 10 days of the anticipated delivery date in cases of non-delivery).
- The Seller should be responsive and reply to the Buyer within 24 hours to avoid the issue escalating.
- If an item fails to function as advertised on the Seller’s GearSource.com listing, does not match the model or description of the item listed or arrives with visible damage (unrelated to shipping), the Seller must:
- replace the item at no cost to the Buyer (including the replacement shipping),
- agree to repair the item at Seller’s expense, or
- refund the Buyer for the full amount.
- If for any reason, you are unable to reach an agreement with the Buyer, contact GearSource Conflict Resolution team to mediate. The Team will review the sale and all communications in order to reach a resolution, in accordance with our policies and expectations.