GearSource.com® is an open marketplace and therefore, return policies may differ by Seller. While some Sellers may not offer a return policy, GearSource does require all Sellers to provide a minimum 48 hour warranty/return to allow buyers to inspect their purchase on delivery as part of the Terms of using GearSource.com®.
All purchases made through GearSource.com® are backed by GearSource Buyer Guarantee. Purchases handled outside of the GearSource.com® Marketplace are not protected.
GearSource Buyer Protection
If upon receipt you find there’s an issue with your order, start by collecting the required information and completing a Return request, while also providing documentation (photos and/or videos) of the issue. Most issues can be resolved quickly with positive communication.
Note: the return request must be made within 48 hours of the shipment being delivered (or within 10 days of the anticipated delivery date in cases of non-delivery).
If your order arrives with damaged packaging:
- Take pictures or video of the packaging from all angles
- Hold on to all packaging materials and the box it arrived in
- Document the damage on the Delivery paperwork, before you sign for it and retain a copy of the paperwork.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to do any modifications to the item
- Submit this information to the Seller and GearSource using the Request Refund link on the specific order in your Order Dashboard
- Once an agreement is reached and approved, you will be required to ship the item back to the seller “before” repairs or refunds are completed. If the return is due to operational issues, the Sellers will provide a return shipping label.
- If the damage was caused by the freight carrier, the claim must be made directly with the carrier and may take a bit longer to resolve.
If there is another reason for the return:
- Once again, if it is related to functionality or damage to the item itself, take pictures or video
- Provide a detailed explanation of the reason for the return or refund request.
- A repair estimate may be necessary so please be prepared to procure this.
- If for any reason, you are unable to reach an agreement with the seller, GearSource will review the sale and all communications in order to reach resolution in accordance with policies and expectations.
If the sale is completed through the GearSource Payments system, GearSource may approve a refund directly to the Buyer once it has been established that no other agreeable resolution can be reached with the Seller. If the sale was handled outside the GearSource System, the GearSource Buyer Guarantee is not available.
Anything outside of the 48-hour window, or a situation that does not involve damage, we would then honor the Seller’s policies.
As far as manufacturer warranties, that would be dependent on the Sellers and what they are offering with their specific listing.
As a Seller
All sales completed through the GearSource website qualify for the GearSource Buyer Guarantee.
The requirements are:
- A record of both payment and shipment must be available within the GearSource platform.
- Disputes must be communicated to the seller and GearSource within 48 hours of the shipment being delivered (or within 10 days of the anticipated delivery date in cases of non-delivery).
- The seller needs to be responsive and reply to the Buyer within 24 hours to avoid the issue escalating.
How do issues get resolved quickly?
- Communication… prompt, respectful and clear communication will generally lead to a quick and amicable resolution between the Buyer and the Seller.
- If you’re unable to come to an agreement with the Buyer, contact the GearSource Conflict Resolution team immediately, to assist in mediating.
- As long as you’ve made an effort to reach a reasonable solution and are responsive to our resolution efforts, your account will remain in good standing.