Now offering EXTENDED WARRANTIES on eligible products!
We’re proud to announce that we’re now offering an industry leading product add-on for both new and used equipment. Beginning in 2022 eligible gear will be available to purchase with a 2 or 4 year extended warranty! Purchase with confidence knowing that if something happens down the road, you’re covered.
What does this mean to me?
For buyers this exciting offering allows you to buy with confidence. When you make a purchase, the seller will certify that all gear is in good working condition before it leaves them, but should you have any issues come up outside the 48-hour inspection period, you’ll have the support you need. Our third party warranty provider, The Tron Shop, offers multiple service centers across the USA staffed by highly skilled, manufacturer certified technicians.
Benefits of purchasing a warranty:
- Peace of mind
- Keep your maintenance costs down
- Reduce your staffing needs
- Value-Add to your customers
As you’re searching for great deals, remember that warranty eligible gear may cost a bit more, but the benefits that come with it will be well worth it!
For sellers it means your eligible gear is worth more! Pay close attention to what you have listed and separate out anything that meets the requirements into unique listings so that it’s easy for buyers to find and they can quickly tell what’s eligible and what’s not.
Most importantly – This great value-add opportunity doesn’t cost you anything! It allows you to highlight your best gear for no extra charge, and in the event that issues arise outside the inspection period, you aren’t liable for them!
We’ve also worked hard to make this as easy as possible for you. Participating in this program only takes a few simple steps, and don’t worry – we take care of all of the filtering to make sure that your eligible listings get the badge and have the option at checkout.
- Opt-In when prompted at login.
- Make sure that your listings have all of the correct fields populated: Brand, Category, Age, Sell To (must be Not Specified or include at least one US region).
- Separate out any eligible products from the pile and charge accordingly!
- As an example – If you have 100 fixtures to sell that range from 2-6 years in age, break them up into two listings. One with all of the fixtures that would be classified as 0-3 years that should be priced higher, and one that would be classified as 4-6 years priced lower.
- Before you enter your shipping quote, confirm eligibility by indicating that what you have available to ship meets the requirements – Only takes three clicks!
- Before you enter tracking information, provide serial numbers and any applicable condition notes in a simple form, or attach them in a spreadsheet.
What products are eligible?
We have big plans to offer this amazing add-on to as many of our customers as possible. Today we’re only able to do so for lighting, power and atmospherics that meet the following requirements:
- Sold into the USA
- No more than 3 years old from manufacture or original purchase date
- In good working mechanical, electrical, and aesthetic condition
- Not have any aftermarket modifications
- Manufactured by known, quality brands (for a complete list, click here)
How do I get warranty service?
When you purchase a warranty you’ll receive a Warranty Certificate directly from The Tron Shop as well as detailed instructions from them on how they can help. If you have the need to file a warranty claim, you can do so here. Make sure you have your Warranty Certificate Number handy as well as the make, model, and serial number of the equipment needing to be serviced.
What does the warranty cover?
The Tron Shop’s extended warranty product is everything you would expect – It mimics most manufacturer warranties by offering complete parts and labor coverage for any issues that arise, not incurred by accidental damage, misuse, or abuse. In most cases, shipping costs are shared meaning you ship it there and they ship it back. For their complete terms and conditions click here.