What Sellers Need to Know
How do I become a Seller
It’s easy to become a seller on GearSource.com… simply click Add a Listing in the top Navigation bar and fill out the required details and you are ready to get started. Additional set-up is required in your Seller Dashboard – for example: your locations, shipping addresses, connecting your GearSource Payments account, etc. If you have questions or need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team.
How do I get paid?
The first step is to register your account for GearSource Payments… this allows you to safely accept the most popular payment methods and have the funds direct deposited into your account, as soon as delivery has been confirmed. Sellers can set-up their bank information, provide applicable tax certificates and schedule payouts. You will manage your payouts from your own Seller Dashboard. All Payouts will be less the fees associated with selling, Payment Processing and Payout method/frequency.
Start by activating your GearSource Payments (GearSource Payments is powered by the world’s largest and most secure Payment Processor, Stripe):
- Head to your Account Center then
- Click Seller Dashboard
- Click Settings then GearSource Payments
- Click Connect which will take you to a secure registration portal to get you set-up for payments/payouts
- In the Connect Portal, you will provide your business/contact information and your bank account information which will set-up your automatic payouts to you when your listings sell
- Save Changes and click go back to GearSource.
- You must also ensure you have a billing card on file as well.
What currencies are supported?
Buyers can make payments using most major credit/debit cards, Apple Pay, Paypal, wire and ACH (for US customers) — others are coming onboard all the time. Payments can be made “from” numerous currencies, however, GearSource only settles in US dollars.*
Why do I need to enter tracking information?
Tracking information is required before funds will be released from your GearSource Payments account for the sale of your listing. The system uses the tracking to determine that an item has been shipped/delivered to the buyer prior to releasing funds. This is an automated process. Your order history and account terms determine when you will be paid out.
How do I enter tracking information?
- Again, go to your Account Center/Seller Dashboard/Orders page
- Click on Add Tracking Info
- Select the Shipping Provider and enter the Tracking Number
- Click Add Tracking
- If the item is picked up by the buyer, the date/time and name of person doing the pick-up is required.
How long does it take to receive my Payout?
All Sellers who comply with the GearSource Payment System (powered by Stripe) are classified as Standard Account holders. Payouts on Standard accounts are released by GearSource Payments after confirmation the order has been delivered and the Payment hold period has expired… generally, 48 hours after tracking has confirmed order delivery the funds are released for Sellers to withdraw. Your order history and account terms determine when you will be paid out.
- Standard Sellers — compliant with GearSource Payments
- The first two (2) GearSource Sales: You will receive a notification of your first payout being approved within 5 business days of confirmed delivery of the item according to the tracking information provided to GearSource and expiry of the 48-hour inspection period. Following that, it may take your bank an additional 1-3 business days to process that deposit. Note: check your GearSource Account Center/Withdrawals page to determine if you have funds available to withdraw to your bank.
- After two Successful sales: your payouts will be initiated upon completion of the inspection period (in most cases, this is 48 hours after confirmed delivery unless other agreements are in place). Payout times may vary based on existing feedback ratings, sales volume, Preferred Seller status, price of the item, and shipping destination.
- Non-Standard Sellers — not compliant with GearSource Payments:
- must complete the Non-Standard Seller Agreement and wait for approval from GearSource Finance
- are NOT eligible for lower seller fees
- delayed payouts are “initiated” (this means when the wire is scheduled, not when the Seller should expect to receive it) seven to ten (7-10) business days post-inspection (after delivery and the 48-hour inspection period has expired), regardless of who arranges shipping
- payouts are issued in US Dollars only to the currency of the location of your bank – all bank transfer fees, currency conversions, etc. are the sole responsibility of the Seller account holder
- effective January 1, 2022 a transaction fee of “minimum” $75 USD per order will be deducted from Non-Standard Seller payouts.
Please contact GearSource Finance for further information and specifics about setting up a Non-Standard Seller Account.
How do I get my money?
Once you have your GearSource Payment account connected, you can initiate withdrawals anytime after funds are released. This can be done either manually or you can be set up for automated payout timelines – i.e. bi-weekly, monthly – it’s your preference. Contact GearSource Finance if you have questions. Funds will show as available as soon as they clear the normal banking holds and the order threshold has been met. Note: your payout funds are accessible by you only… GearSource has no access to a seller’s payout funds. Depending on your specific bank, payouts may take 1-3 business days to appear in your bank account after the withdrawal is initiated. If a deposit falls on a weekend or holiday, the payout will most likely be sent on the next business day.
Note: In the event of any discrepancy between all other information you were given and the details shown on the official GearSource Account Center, the GearSource Account Center information will prevail.
What if I don’t have a bank account?
You must connect a bank account. Funds can not be paid out to you without one.
Is there any other way to get my money?
Payout to your bank account is the ideal and recommended method to get paid out on GearSource sales. Alternate methods are available but will cost you more in fees and take longer for you to get your payout.
What if a buyer wants to pay me via PayPal?
Buyers are able to pay for the order via PayPal, but you will only be able to be paid out to your bank account.
How long will it take after I sell something to get my money in my bank account?
Depending on your account settings, terms, the bank and its location, payouts may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to appear in your bank account after being initiated through the GearSource Payments system. North American sellers will see payouts, generally within 1-3 business days – international is generally 3-5 business days. This applies only to Standard Account holders being paid out through GearSource Payments. This timeline does not apply to Non-Standard Accounts**.
Can I use my payout balance to buy items on GearSource.com?
Unfortunately, no. You’ll need to withdraw your payout balance to your bank account before spending it on GearSource.com.
How much does it cost?
It doesn’t cost anything to opt-in to GearSource Payments. Sellers are charged fees only when an order is finalized. For more information on how to qualify for the Tier Seller Program, contact our Seller Program team.